Here is NRDC's summer documentary, Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidification. This video was broadcasted this summer and discusses the phenomenon of ocean acidification. For fans of Planet Earth, this uses a similar style but more directly addresses issues facing our oceans!
The summer before that I interned at Michigan Radio as a interview production intern. I helped with production of the Jack Lessenberry's: Essay and Interviews and All Things Considered with Charity Nebbe.
Last year I studied abroad in Rome, Italy for 4 months. I have taken 5 semesters of italian.
My main reason for taking this class is to improve my understanding and practice of journalism. Beyond that general goal, I hope this class will allow me to examine the role of media during crisis, specifically how to provide relevant, contextual and objective coverage while maintaining a strong ethics. I hope also to understand how the news develops during crisis and the history of coverage throughout the past few decades.
No comments:
Post a Comment